Saturday, August 29, 2015

Call for New Adult author & reader ideas!

Call for NA author and reader ideas: 

Hi! I'm Kim Osborn Sullivan, one of the editors of New Adult Book Reviews. I'll be speaking at a conference this fall about New Adult books, and I'd love to get some input from you NA authors and readers. Some of the topics that will be covered in the presentation are listed below. If you have any insight into any of them, please send an email to Kim at this website (NewAdultBookReviews.com).
In return for your help, you'll get some free publicity. I'll mention you and your book during the presentation, plus put a cover image up on the screen. (As long as my conference room has a working projector that I can connect to my laptop, of course)

Here are some of the topics I'd love some thoughts on. If you have any input on one or all of them, I'd love to hear from you.

1.      How do you feel NA differs from YA and regular adult books? Pretty broad, I know, but what makes this its own genre?

2.      How much sex do readers expect to find in NA books? Most of the ones I've read have been pretty explicit, so is there such a thing as "cozy" NA?

3.      If you write NA, how did you transition from other genres or for other age groups into NA?

4.      Is NA too broad a genre? Should it have sub-genres, like romance or mystery have? Should there be NA cozy, NA erotic, NA paranormal, etc? Or is that breaking it down too much?

5.      NA Readers: What are you looking for when you pick up a NA title? And what turns you off so you put that book back on the shelf?

And anything else you'd like to add…

Thanks so much! I'll let you know how the conference goes!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment